Looking for a non traditional Thanksgiving stuffing recipe? Check out this delicious stovetop maple butternut squash and apple stuffing made with Rogers Porridge Oats & Ancient Grains Not Just Oats blend including barley flakes, flaxseeds, oat bran, quinoa flakes and more. This savoury sweet stuffing is a twist on an old favourite. Who says stuffing can only be eaten at Thanksgiving? Enjoy the scrumptious fall – winter ingredients in this simple recipe all season long.
1. In a large pot, bring vegetable broth to a boil. Add Rogers Porridge Oats & Ancient Grains, reduce heat and cover. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. In a large non-stick sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes until translucent.
3. Add butternut squash and cook stirring occasionally for 6 to 7 minutes until slightly soften & golden.
4. Stir in apples, sage, and season with salt and pepper. Add maple syrup and cook for an additional 4 to 5 minutes until apples have softened.
5. Heat a non-stick medium sauté pan over medium heat. Add pumpkin seeds and sauté stirring occasionally for 2 to 3 minutes until lightly toasted. Set aside.
6. Gently mix squash and apple mixture with cooked Rogers Porridge Oats & Ancient Grains. Mix in pumpkin seeds and serve warm.
Recipe and Image Credit
Irene Matys: recipe curator, freelance food stylist, writer and farm-to-table advocate at the Spicy Olive. Connect with Irene on instagram @thespicyolive1