Rogers Foods Ltd. – Chilliwack Division
Job Posting – CD 06.20
Supervisor: Plant Superintendent
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the overall maintenance of all plant facilities (equipment, buildings, and roads) in addition to supporting the Chilliwack production operations as required.
- Works with other departments of the Company to ensure that the maintenance jobs get completed with the least amount of production disruption.
- Responsible for all repairs and maintenance of existing equipment and installation of new equipment throughout the plant.
- Assesses the condition and need for maintenance of all physical assets of the company, excluding computer and telecommunication equipment.
- Receives and prioritizes work orders from plant personnel for effective implementation.
- Works actively with the management team to determine the priority of jobs.
- Organizes work lists and directs staff in the carrying out of job assignments.
- Responsible for overseeing the planning and implementation of maintenance and assigned projects.
- Makes detailed plans for the implementation of maintenance-related projects in conjunction with engineering and other departments.
- Make recommendations for major overhauls, improvements, and replacement of equipment.
- Co-ordinates, works with and supervises contractors and suppliers as needed.
- Works with other plant supervisors to train operational staff in the preventative maintenance functions of their department’s equipment.
- Works within the constraints of the annual department budget approved by the Company.
- Makes purchase requisitions and/or purchases needed equipment and supplies.
- Ensures supplies are replenished as needed.
- Acts as company Fire Chief making regular fire inspections and keeps record of these inspections for safety and insurance purposes.
- Responsible to ensure confined space procedures are developed and implemented.
- Manages the electrical maintenance program and maintains electrical equipment and components.
- Responsible for ensuring all licensing renewals are up to date.
- Is aware of critical control points as they relate to product liability.
- Responsible for compliance with Canada Labour Occupational Health and Safety requirements and ensures employees follow established practises and guidelines.
- Carries out additional duties and projects as assigned.
- Follow all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) while performing job duties and tasks.
- Participates as a member of the HACCP Food Safety Team.
- Grade 12 or equivalent, in addition to an industrial trade’s certification.
- A demonstrated self-motivated leader and team player with a strong work ethic.
- Demonstrated experience and/or ability to operate and maintain the department’s maintenance management computerized system.
- Ability to supervise and evaluate assigned staff while building effective working teams.
- Extensive maintenance experience in an industrial setting.
- Must accept work-related calls any time of day or night and be available for shift-work including weekends, holidays and call outs as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Rogers Foods is an equal opportunity employer.