Rogers is a leading BC flour and food processor with two mill/processing locations. We produce high quality, competitively priced, specialty flours, cereal and value-added grain based products. Our products are distributed throughout North America and exported to Pacific Rim countries.
We are currently accepting resumes for the position of Quality Control Supervisor at our Armstrong Division.
The QC Supervisor holds responsibility for all quality functions and product development.
- Supervises Product Technicians and other assigned employees, to ensure quality control procedures are carried out timely, consistently and accurately.
- Responsible to ensure Product Technicians and other assigned employees, are trained in Quality Control procedures.
- Works with Nisshin advisors to develop all quality control procedures for Plant 1, 2, and 3.
- Establishes and maintains required quality control reporting procedures within Rogers Foods and with Nisshin.
- Assigns checking incoming ingredients and makes quality control decisions to accept or reject ingredients based on quality.
- Responsible for writing and updating manuals for Quality Control Procedures and Standards.
- Sources ingredients, with the help of purchasing department, to meet precise specifications for all products and product development projects.
- Builds and maintains a good working relationship with ingredient suppliers.
- Maintains up-to-date files on ingredient suppliers and latest product innovations.
- Assists with and/or carry out product development projects.
- Participates in plant trials and initial production of new products – Plant 1 & 2 & 3.
- Provides technical advice when quality problems arise during production with the assistance of Technical Sales Manager.
- Provides formulation adjustments for all products, as required. To be done in cooperation with mill, customers and Nisshin.
- Assist QA & Food Safety Manager with food safety related issues, as needed.
- Performs any other duties or responsibilities, including training, as assigned by the Director of Quality Technical Sales.
- Follows all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) while performing job duties and tasks.
- Responsible for compliance with Canada Labour Occupational health and Safety requirements and company safety standards.
- Observant whenever in the plant to make sure employees are following and applying Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Degree in Food Science with minimum of 5 year’s experience in the food industry.
- Good working relationship with suppliers, customers, supervisors and other team members.
- An ability to work in stressful situations and demonstrate a positive attitude in facing challenges.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Aptitude for and/or experience with computer applications.
Interested applicants are asked to forward their resume and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Rogers Foods is an equal opportunity employer.