The Sanitation/Production Utility Worker is primarily responsible for the sanitation of assigned areas of the plant. In addition, the incumbent may have a variety of duties such as assisting in the warehouse, flour packing, mill, quality assurance and other departments upon receiving supervisory approval.
- Maintains sanitation of assigned areas of the plant, ensuring areas are clean and insect-free.
- Ensures sanitation schedule is followed and kept up to date.
- Fills out all appropriate paper work.
- Reports all leaks and malfunctions in all areas to appropriate Supervisor or Operations Manager.
- Maintaining good sanitary condition in working areas. Reports sanitation issues to operators and Operations Manager/Food Safety Supervisor.
- Corrects and cleans up any spills of product in the product transfer system being used (plug-ups, broken lines, etc.).
- Assist with maintaining machinery in good operating condition, in co-operation with Maintenance Department.
- Advises Supervisor and/or Operations Manager of any problems or concerns.
- Is aware of critical control points as they relate to product liability.
- Follow Good Manufacturing (GMP’s) while performing tasks in production areas.
- Performs all other related duties and assignments, including training, as required.
- Responsible for compliance with Canada Labour Occupational Health and Safety requirements and company safety standards.
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Self-motivated team player with a strong work ethic able to work independently as well as with cross departmental team members..
- Available for night-shift and other shift work as well as work on weekends, holidays and call outs as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Rogers Foods is an equal opportunity employer.