Oats are a surprisingly appetizing ingredient in savoury recipes. This make-ahead colourful salad is a refreshing blend of sweet and mild heat with the hearty deliciousness of quinoa and Rogers Porridge Oats & Ancient Grains. It is perfect to make on a Sunday as a nutritious and vibrant side dish for dinner, and then pack the heart-healthy leftovers for Monday’s work lunch.
- In a saucepan, add quinoa and water bringing it to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes, until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a mixing bowl, add Rogers Porridge Oats & Ancient Grains with boiling water. Let stand for about 10 minutes until all water is absorbed, then fluff with a fork.
- In another bowl, mix mango, cashews, green onion, red pepper and raisins. Gently add in cooked quinoa and fluffed Rogers Porridge Oats & Ancient Grains. Mix all ingredients. Gently add curry citrus dressing to salad and stir to cover all ingredients.
Curry Citrus Dressing
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, orange juice, curry powder, cumin and pepper.
- Refrigerate completed salad with dressing for 4 hours (or overnight). This recipe can be stored in an air-tight container for up to three days in the refrigerator.
NOTE: ALL OF OUR RECIPES PRINT OFF BEST IN A SAFARI BROWSER, NOT IN CHROME
Per Curry Mango Salad
Nutrients per Serving:
Calories 300; Fat 13 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Omega 3 Fat 0.1 g; Sodium 10 mg;
Carbohydrate 39 g, Fibre 5 g, Sugars 10 g; Protein 7 g; Potassium135 mg; Calcium 35 mg (4% DV); Iron 3 mg (20% DV)