Who doesn’t like dark chocolate mixed with espresso, dried fruit and…Rogers Porridge Oats & Ancient Grains? We do! This festive bark is simple to make and has a delicious crunch from the oats, flaxseeds, oat bran, spelt and quinoa flakes in the Rogers blend. Plan the time to make a few batches of it for a perfect homemade holiday gift for all your friends and neighbours!
- Grease a 9”x 13” baking sheet with butter and line with parchment paper.
- In a double boiler, over medium-low heat melt dark chocolate. Once the chocolate has melted, stir in espresso powder until well combined.
- Remove the top pot of the double boiler and, with a towel, wipe the bottom of the pot to prevent water from falling on the chocolate while pouring.
- Pour chocolate onto a prepared baking sheet and smooth evenly with an offset spatula. Rap pan on the counter a few times to break up any air bubbles.
- Allow chocolate to set at room temperature for five minutes, and then sprinkle with dried fruit and Rogers Porridge Oats & Ancient Grains. Wait five minutes more then sprinkle chocolate bark with coarse sea salt.
- Place baking sheet in the refrigerator for a minimum of one hour (until it is hard).
- Break or cut the bark into pieces and serve. This bark is perfect to place in mason jars and/or cello bags for holiday gift-giving.
- Bark will keep, covered in the refrigerator, for up to two weeks.
Recipe & Photo Credits: Kelly Neil