Fermented Banana & Pineapple Loaf
Guest baker, television host and healthy hacker, Tammy-Lynn McNabb of Health Wellness & Lifestyle TV created this delicious banana bread with a twist. Using Rogers Flour, wheat bran and oats in her recipe, she shows us how ‘fermenting’ your bananas creates a bread full of gut-healthy probiotics, dietary fibre, vitamin C, potassium, B6 and manganese. #MadeWithRogers
- 4 days before you want to make this banana bread, start fermenting the bananas. Mash bananas in a large bowl, but not too finely, and leave at room temperature, tightly covered with cling wrap, for 48-72 hours (you may need to release some of the gas). After that, put into the fridge and leave for another 32 hours before using. This recipe is best suited before the summer months when fruit flies are at a minimum.
- Lightly grease a loaf pan (9 x 5 x 3 inches). Preheat oven to 338F.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Stir in wheat bran.
- In a medium bowl, add melted butter and coconut oil. Add sugars and whisk until dissolved. Add in eggs, fermented bananas, crushed pineapple and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- Add in dry ingredients in a few batches. Stir until combined. The batter will be lumpy. Fold in walnuts and sultanas or chocolate chips.
- Pour into loaf pan and top with sliced banana and a tablespoon of oats.
- Bake for 1 to 1 1/4 hours until a skewer in the middle of the loaf comes out clean. If the loaf gets too dark during baking, you can cover with tinfoil. Let cool slightly before removing from pan – slice and enjoy!
NOTE: ALL OF OUR RECIPES PRINT OFF BEST IN A SAFARI BROWSER, NOT IN CHROME
Plum Coconut Crumble from #BakeLikeAPro Winner @JoAndSue
Cinnamon Tahini Balls from #BakeLikeAPro @HealthTranslated
Pumpkin Challah from #BakeLikeAPro Winner Melinda Small
Milk Buns with Turkey & Cheese from #BakeLikeAPro Winner @Tavia.Bakes
Chocolate Cinnamon Spice Bread from @ThePypersKitchen
Keks Sweet Bread from #BakeLikeAPro Winner @TanyasKitchen
Family Favourite Brownies #StayHomeAndBake Contest Winner!
Plant-Based Blueberry Tea Cake Recipe
Orange Blossom & Yogurt Bundt Cake
Summer Strawberry Cake Recipe
Fermented Banana & Pineapple Loaf
Raspberry Granola Yogurt Pops
Cranberry Orange Snackin’ Cake
Gingerbread Cake with Orange Glaze
Dark Chocolate Espresso Bark
Rhubarb, Raspberry and Apple Compote Crumble Cake with Healthy Grains
Chia, Hemp and Ancient Grains Bites
Chocolate Brownie Pudding
Blueberry Oatmeal Lentil Muffins
Have Your Cake And Fibre Too
Make Today, Bake Tomorrow Muffins
Oats & Honey Whole Wheat Quickbread
Lemon Orange Poppy Seed Muffins
Back-to-the-Basics Bran Muffins
World’s Best Banana Bread
Pumpkin Pineapple Muffins
Strawberry Streusel Bran Muffins
Raspberry Pecan Cream Cheese Muffins
Raspberry Oatmeal Muffins
Nova Scotia Porridge Oats Rolls
Maple Raisin Granola Muffins
Hot Cross Buns/Easter Bread
Hazelnuts & Honey Banana Loaf
Chocolate Zucchini Layer Cake
Chocolate Zucchini Brownies
Chocolate Kiss Banana Cake
Blueberry Steel Cut Oat Muffins
Blueberry Oat Bran Muffins
Blueberry Cake with Orange Sauce
Applesauce Granola Muffins
Ancient Grain Orange Muffins
Thank you for enquiring about Rogers Foods products. The decision to carry certain products is made by the grocery store not Rogers Foods. If the product you are looking for is not on the shelf ask the store manager for assistance. The store may have the ability to order the item in for you. Please also consider using the grocer’s online website.