This make-ahead savoury bake is perfect for the holidays. From Christmas Day breakfast and Boxing Day brunch to your New Year’s Eve party and New Year’s Day snacks, this versatile, rustic dish will be a big hit with family and friends. Made with Rogers Original Porridge Oats & Healthy Grains, prep it that day before and simply bake it the day of. Enjoy it with fresh fruit and coffee while opening gifts Christmas morning or as a delicious, hearty appetizer at your neighbourhood New Year’s Eve party.
- Generously grease a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray or butter.
- Squeeze sausages out of their casings into a large, heavy-bottomed pot, breaking up with a spoon. Cook sausage pieces over medium-high heat until browned, about 10 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove sausage from pot and set aside.
- To the same pot, add chicken stock and turn heat to high. Bring chicken stock to a boil then add Rogers Original Porridge Oats & Healthy Grains and salt. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook oats 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken stock is absorbed. Remove from heat.
- Add Parmesan cheese and butter to cooked oats. Stir a few times until cheese is mixed through and butter has melted.
- Add cooked sausage, cherry tomatoes, and fresh rosemary to oats. Stir well to combine.
- Divide oats evenly between prepared muffin cups. Cover muffin pan with plastic wrap and immediately place in refrigerator overnight.
- The next morning, preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and bake, 23 to 25 minutes.
- Serve warm, store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.
- This recipe will keep two to three days in the refrigerator and up to two months in the freezer.
- Baking Option (family style): use a 9” X 13” pan instead of a muffin pan.
Recipe & Photo Credits: Kelly Neil