These mini egg quiches are filled with heart-healthy veggies, including spinach, artichokes, onions and garlic, plus olive oil. The Rogers Foods Porridge Oats & Healthy Grains crust bakes along with the filling, so there is no need for a two-bake step. In addition, they can be made in advance for an ideal make-ahead breakfast or as part of your on-the-go lunch or evening mini-meal.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Prepare a 12-cup muffin tray with cooking spray.
- In a food processor, blend/chop the Rogers Foods Porridge Oats & Healthy Grains until you have a sandy, flour-like consistency.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the Healthy Grains blend flour, sea salt, melted coconut oil and water until you have a dough-like consistency.
- Fill a prepared 12-cup muffin tray with 1½ tbsp of the dough mixture in each cup, pressing down to flatten to the bottom.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, warm olive oil. Add the onion and sauté until softened, approximately five to six minutes. Then add garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds more. Add spinach and continue to sauté just until the spinach has wilted about one minute. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together. Then add onion and spinach mixture, chopped artichokes, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese and pepper. Pour mixture evenly to fill each Healthy Grains crust in the 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes (when a toothpick inserted in the middle of a quiche comes out clean, not wet). Let cool slightly in the muffin tins for easy removal.
- Enjoy warm. These mini quiches can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.